Purpose of the Job:
We are looking for a talented, all-round 3D artist with a specific interest in preparing assets for use in video.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing and building 3D models, including lighting, texturing and animation.
- Preparing scenes for use in After Effects, including multi-pass rendering and the exchange of camera data.
- Under the supervision of our Head of Post-Production, managing and producing complete videos/animations or elements for multiple projects concurrently.
- Occasionally you may be required to go on shoot or perform site reccesin order to help prepare assets and information for the the post-production stages.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and act as part of a team
- A good command of Apple Macintosh computers
- Advanced Cinema 4D abilities, including texturing, lighting and animation
- Character rigging is not essential but would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Nuke and/or After Effects along with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Although not essential, some experience with PF Track and Final Cut Pro X would be useful.
- Good command of language.
- An ability to communicate directly with clients before, during and after projects. Strong organisational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong time management skills.
- A clear desire to improve and grow within a role.
- Positive in the face of difficult situations.
- Highly motivated.
- Committed to a long-term career.
- Good technical skills.
- The ability to demonstrate and implement creative flair.
- Able to self-manage.
Benefits & Perks:
- Salary up to £22,500 based on industry experience.
- Stunning working environment in the purpose-converted 19th-century Trinity Hall with access to industry-leading technology and facilities including a private cinema.
- 24 days holiday (4 of which are reserved for shut-down during the Christmas period).
- Training/management development plan including access to funding for training (at Management discretion).
- On-shoot sustenance, accommodation and travel covered by Affixxius Films.
The first 6 months of employment will be considered a probation period.
If you are interested in this role, please submit a CV with an up-to-date Showreel (or links to appropriate example projects, preferably with descriptions of involvement) to Pete Black, Head of Post-Production at email@example.com along with a covering letter. Please note that this is not a role that can be handled remotely and, as such, we would expect the successful candidate to commute or relocate to Loughborough to facilitate the position.
Affixxius Films is an equal opportunities employer. As such, it is our policy to treat job applicants and employees in the same way, regardless of their sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious or other philosophical beliefs, disability or age; nor will it discriminate on any other grounds currently not prohibited by legislation except where this is necessary to ensure the job is done effectively and safely.