Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ability to receive a Brief (in both the Education Sector and Commercial Sector) and liaise with Producers to ensure smooth preparation
- Involvement in casting/locations/prop requirement decisions where appropriate.
- Helping to communicate concepts to a client and internally to our team.
- Carrying out Site Visits to assess locations and build client relationships
- Retaining an overview of a project’s role and messaging from a client’s perspective whilst maintaining technical and creative quality.
- Liaising with clients to manage their expectations on shoot.
- Directing a crew of specialists ranging from DoPs to Sound Technicians.
- Working with talent (including children and young people within our Education Sector work) to obtain the best performance on screen.
- Involving specialist members of our team (i.e. Visual Effects Artists) in workflows to ensure efficient and technically accurate production.
- Ensuring a smooth handover to our post-production team with clear communication of on-shoot developments, client requests and additional opportunities.
- Attending client reviews of finished work where required.
- Experienc of directing Commercial Film (i.e. advertising, digital content or ‘corporate video’) is essential.
- Ability to direct talent of all ages and levels of experience to realise a creative concept whilst maintaining commercial messaging.
- Commitment to working in a team and leading by example.
- Technical understanding of Production and Post-Production processes (although the individual will not be required to ‘self-shoot’ or edit).
- An ability to communicate directly with clients before, during and after projects. Strong organisational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong time management skills
- Positive and optimistic in difficult situations.
- Determined character.
- Excellent communication skills with clients, talent and crews.
- Artistic, creative and message-driven ‘eye’ for film.
- Self-motivated and a motivator of others.
- Humility and teamwork.
- Committed to a long-term career
Benefits and Perks:
- Salary up to £25,000 based on industry experience.
- Stunning working environment in the purpose-converted 19th-century Trinity Hall with access to industry-leading technology and facilities including a private cinema.
- 24 days holiday (4 of which are reserved for shut-down during the Christmas period).
- Training development plan including access to funding for training (at Partners’ discretion).
- On-shoot sustenance, accommodation and travel covered by Affixxius Films.
The first 6 months of employment will be considered a probation period.
If you are interested in this role, please submit a CV with an up-to-date Showreel (or links to appropriate example projects, preferably with descriptions of involvement) to David Whayman, Creative Director at email@example.com along with a covering letter. Please note that this is not a role that can be handled remotely and, as such, we would expect the successful candidate to commute or relocate to facilitate the position.
Affixxius Films is an equal opportunities employer. As such, it is our policy to treat job applicants and employees in the same way, regardless of their sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious or other philosophical beliefs, disability or age; nor will it discriminate on any other grounds currently not prohibited by legislation except where this is necessary to ensure the job is done effectively and safely.