Primarily, the role will involve camera operation on location to the highest standards possible in any given scenario. This will normally be as part of a team, working alongside at least a Producer or as part of a larger crew under specific direction.
•To offer support to our Producers and Head of Production in preparing for and executing a wide range of filming projects in the Commercial and Academic Sectors throughout the UK and overseas.
• To prepare in-house equipment ready for shoots, including basic equipment maintenance where required.
• It is vital that the applicants understand that this is not a ‘9 to 5’ position and that their time and commitment will be expected without question.
• Acting as a self-shooter or under direction to operate a variety of camera systems either on location or in studio as required. Affixxius Films has extremely high standards of production, and we would expect to see a demonstration of and commitment to this from any candidate.
• Working closely with Directors and Producers in order to achieve great results.
• Good experience of working with commercial clients in a range of different environments.
• A good command of Apple Macintosh computers and software.
• Familiar with a wide range of camera systems, preferably including the Sony FS7 system.
• Experience of lighting and shooting on-camera interview set-ups.
• Experience of working with HMI, Panel and Fresnel lighting is useful but not essential.
• Experience of working with drones (aerial videography) is useful but not essential.
• A willingness and ability to be part of a team.
• Strong organisational and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Full, clean driving license.
• Positive in the face of difficult situations.
• Willing to travel and spend significant time away.
• Highly Motivated.
• Committed to a long-term career.
• Good communication skills when dealing with colleagues and clients.
• Able to self-manage.
• Salary up to £23,000 p/a based on industry experience.
• Stunning working environment in the purpose-converted 19th-century Trinity Hall with access
to industry-leading technology and facilities including a private cinema.
• 24 days holiday (4 of which are reserved for shut-down during the Christmas period).
• Training/management development plan including access to funding for training (at
• On-shoot sustenance, accommodation and travel covered by Affixxius Films.
The first 6 months of employment will be considered a probation period.
If you are interested in this role, please submit a CV and a link to your showreel to - submit a CV? to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter. The role will be based on a Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm working week based entirely at our Loughborough Headquarters.
Please note that on offering the position to the successful candidate, we reserve the right to place them on a fully-paid four-week trial to ensure that the personality and competence ‘fit’ with Affixxius Films is correct.
Affixxius Films is an equal opportunities employer. As such, it is our policy to treat job applicants and employees in the same way, regardless of their sex, marital status, race, sexual orientation, religious or other philosophical beliefs, disability or age; nor will it discriminate on any other grounds currently not prohibited by legislation except where this is necessary to ensure the job is done effectively and safely.